Honey Roasted Feta
Mix and match feta with olives, veggies, cured meats and fruit on a
cheeseboard or in a big salad. Sweet honey and preserves balance the saltiness
of the cheese in this appetizer; pair it with chilled champagne or rosé, and let
the party begin.
- 1 (8 ounce) block Odyssey® Traditional Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fig preserves or blackberry jam
- Assorted crackers or toasted breads
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place feta in an ungreased 8-inch cast-iron skillet; drizzle with honey.
Sprinkle with thyme. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. (Pan will be hot!)
- Top feta with preserves; baste with warmed honey from bottom of pan.
Broil 3-4 inches from heat for 1-2 minutes or until top begins to lightly
- Serve with crackers.
Any brand of Wisconsin feta cheese can be used.
Recipe and photo credit: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin