Anna's Beer Cheese
I have to wrestle with the hubby to get the beer for this recipe but it's
so yummy it's worth it! The recipe noted that Budweiser works best, but my husband
never drinks that brand so I've always just used whatever we've had in the
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 cups packaged shredded
Cheddar (the fine shreds)
- 1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Mix*
* the one that says "Just add milk and mayo" (but don't add the
milk and mayo)
- Mix the cream cheese with the dry mix adding a little beer to help stir
- Mix in the Cheddar, adding a little beer at a time until it's the consistency
you want (you don't want it too runny).
- Enjoy with pretzels, Wheat Thins or corn chips.
Posted by kccaid at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.