Avocado-Cilantro Bagel Spread
- 1 ripe Fresh California Avocado
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Combine avocado with goat cheese and mix until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Let stand for 1 hour at room temperature to let flavors blend. Serve.
- Garnish with fresh lime slices and a sprig of cilantro.
Nutrients per serving: calories 45; protein 1g; carbohydrates 2g; total fat
3.5g; cholesterol 0mg; fiber 2g; sodium 50mg
Reprinted with permission from Hass Avocado Board.