This is famous in Biloxi, Mississippi.
- 1/2 pound small fresh shrimp, cooked, or 2 cans small shrimp
- 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Liquid pepper sauce, to taste (about 1/8 teaspoon
to start, more if you like)
- Bring butter or margarine to room temperature.
- Drain shrimp and put into blender with lemon juice.
- Add butter or margarine,
horseradish, salt, nutmeg and liquid pepper and blend well at slow speed.
into a mold and chill.
- Serve with Melba toast or other bland dry crackers as an appetizer spread.