Buttery Blue Cheese Spread with Walnuts
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup cream sherry (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) round bread loaf
toasted diced walnuts, chopped fresh chives, rosemary sprigs
- Stir together first 5 ingredients and, if desired, sherry in a large bowl;
cover and chill mixture 8 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature to soften; or freeze spread up to 1 month,
and thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Hollow out bread loaf, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell; reserve inside of loaf
for other uses. Spoon softened cheese spread into shell. Garnish, if desired.
- Serve with sliced apples and pears or with toasted French baguette slices.
Makes about 5 cups (24 appetizer servings).
Source: Southern Living online - December 2000