- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 18 ounces cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages dried beef, chopped
- 4 teaspoons diced onion
and bread sticks
- In a skillet, sauté pecans in butter until golden; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and garlic
powder; mix well. Stir in beef and onion. Spread into a greased 8-inch square
baking dish. Top with the pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with crackers and bread sticks.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
Hello from Ohio!
I had recently realized that I had lost my recipe for the Cattleman's Spread
appetizer and used your website to obtain it. Just a suggestion for the recipe -
this appetizer is EXCELLENT served with corn chips (such as Fritos). Our family
Thanks for creating such a useful website! ~ Kim