Cherry Nut Spread
- 3 tablespoons tart cherry juice concentrate
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced fat
cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
bread or assorted crackers
- Combine cream cheese with the tart cherry juice concentrate; mix until smooth.
- Stir in sugar, pecans and thyme.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Use as a spread on toasted bread, or as a dip with assorted crackers.
Total Time: 10 minutes (with 2 to 3 hours of refrigeration)
Prep: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 cup (8 appetizer servings)
Reprinted with permission from the Cherry Marketing Board.