Creamy Avocado Spread
A creamy molded spread consisting of garlic, cream, sour cream and avocados.
- 1 envelope (2 1/2 teaspoons) unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 avocados, mashed
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh refrigerated salsa, such as pico de gallo
- Crostini or tostada chips
- In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 3 tablespoons warm water; let stand
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat; add garlic and
sauté. Add cream and gelatin mixture; stir until gelatin melts.
- Remove from heat; whisk in sour cream and mashed avocado. Pour into small,
buttered bowl or mold; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, until set.
- Unmold onto serving plate and top with salsa and diced avocado.
- Serve with crostini or tostada chips.