Faux Chopped Liver
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 (1.5 ounce) packet MBT vegetable broth or any type
of dehydrated vegetable broth mix, such as Knorr
- 1 large onion, sliced
cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped in food processor
- Whites of 2 hardboiled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Cherry tomatoes and/or
sliced black olives
- Bagel chips
- Combine lentils and MBT or other vegetable broth mix in a medium saucepan
and cover with water. Heat until all liquid is absorbed and lentils are well-cooked,
- In a separate skillet, fry onion in oil. Place all ingredients (except parsley,
tomatoes, olives and chips) in food processor and puree. Pack into a 4-cup mold
and chill overnight.
- Garnish with parsley, cherry tomatoes and/or sliced black olives, if desired.
- Serve with bagel chips.
Yield: 20 to 25 small appetizer servings