French-Style Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 (8 ounce) package soft cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, soft
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Fresh thyme (optional)
- Assorted crackers
Herbes de Provence
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fennel seed
- Spread: In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, butter or margarine,
garlic, parsley, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Herbes de Provence, and
seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Herbes de Provence: Combine all ingredients in a small, airtight storage
container. Crush before using.
- To serve, garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.
Makes: 1 1/3 cups = 20 Calories: 58 per tablespoon; 6 gm fat; 1 gm protein;
72 mg sodium
Source: Good Housekeeping Magazine, December 1992