Herb "Butter" Spread
This is delicious on small rounds of toasted bread or on crackers. One teaspoon
is only 14 calories!
- 4 ounces nonfat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill or thyme (or other fresh herb), chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon dry zesty Italian dressing mix
- Dash of lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients In a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 7 days. The spread will firm
up as it cools.