Herb Cheese Spread Appetizer
This garden dip is one of my special recipes which I have perfected over the
years. It is one of my most requested appetizer whenever I cater an affair, not
only is it delicious, but it's the first to go, leaving people asking for more.
The blended herbs give it a wonderful taste which lingers. You can serve it with
crackers or as I do with the toasted crusty French bread.
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves( or to your
- 3 to 4 finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped black pitted olives
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients and beat on medium speed until well blended.
for at least 2 hours for flavors to blend properly.
- Spread on toasted French bread slices and decorate with a sprig of fresh
dill, arrange on platter.
You can also place the spread in a decorative bowl and place on a large platter
and if you like arrange with crackers of your choice or the toasted bread.
Posted by bettyboop at Recipe Goldmine 9/4/2001 6:40 am.