Horseradish-Cheddar Beer Cheese Spread
- 1/2 pound (10 slices) bacon, chopped
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) Wisconsin cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin 4-year cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 4 to 5 ounces (about 1/2 cup) pale ale
- In large skillet, cook chopped bacon over medium high heat until crisp.
- Drain and blot bacon on paper towels.
- In large bowl of stand mixer, beat bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese,
paprika and horseradish with paddle attachment until creamy.
- Slowly add pale ale until desired spreadable consistency.
- Serve with crackers or crostini and pickles.
Yield: 12 (2-ounce) servings
By Chef Dan Van Rite
Recipe and photo credit: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin