Hot Shrimp and Dill Spread
This hot, cheesy shrimp spread won't last long, so be sure to make extra.
To give it a spicy kick, add 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Ground Red Pepper.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Dill Weed
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Season-All Seasoned Salt
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended. Spread in 8- or 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- If desired, garnish with additional green onions before serving.
- Serve with assorted crackers, bagel or pita chips.
Yield: 16 (2 tablespoon) servings
Test Kitchen Tip: Substitute 3/4 pound precooked peeled shrimp.
Nutrition Information per 1 serving: Calories: 82 Sodium: 144 mg; Fat: 6
g Carbohydrates: 1 g; Cholesterol: 59 mg Fiber: 0 g; Protein: 6 g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick