Hot Vidalia Onion Spread
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped sweet onions
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh apple slices, dipped in lemon water
- Garlic bagel chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine onions, mayonnaise and cheese in a medium bowl. Pour into a 1-quart
baking dish and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove cheese spread from oven and blot excess oil from the top with paper
towels. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve spread warm with apple slices and garlic bagel chips.
Yield: 48 servings
If sweet onions are not available, make strong onions milder by chopping
them and covering them with ice water for a few minutes. Drain and proceed with