I found these gems in an old recipe pamphlet called Holiday Delights
published by West Texas Utilities in 1986. They sound like they might be just
the ticket for a holiday buffet.
I changed one thing in the instructions. They
ask you to preheat the oven before the dough chilled overnight. I don't think
so! These old flea market finds have certainly been good to me!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Mix well. Stir in flour and bacon.
- Shape dough into 2 rolls, 1 inch in diameter. Wrap in wax paper and
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unwrap roll and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place slices on lightly
greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen
These freeze well.