Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 1 loaf soft fresh bread (remove crust)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- In a food processor finely chop cucumber and onion.
- Remove and drain well for 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes. Place cream cheese into food processor and
process until smooth.
- Add cucumber/onion mixture and salt to the cheese and process until
- Add the food coloring, if desired.
- Remove from the food processor; cover and chill.
- Cut the crusts off the fresh soft bread.
- Spread the mixture on half the bread slices.
- Top each slice with another to make a sandwich.
- Cut into halves, triangles or quarters.