Deviled Egg Tea Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup soft butter or cream cheese
- 20 slices bread of your choice
- 5 hardboiled eggs
- 8 ounces canned sardines in oil, oil reserved
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with butter or cream cheese.
- Place all the remaining ingredients except reserved oil in a food processor.
Whirl until a spread is formed, adding reserved oil and/or mayonnaise to bring it to spreading consistency.
- Spread the mixture evenly over half the slices of bread, top with the other
half, remove the crusts and cut into quarters or triangles for tea sandwiches.