Pepper Cheese Mini Sandwiches
Yield: 40 tea sandwiches
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups Stilton cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 cup, more or less, heavy cream
- 20 slices bread, your choice
- Cream together spread ingredients.
- Combine all filling ingredients except the cream in a small bowl.
- Gradually add the cream to bring the mixture to spreading consistency.
- Spread a thin layer of the butter mixture to the edge of one side of each piece of bread.
- Top half the slices with the filling.
- Place the remaining bread slices on top, remove the crusts and cut as desired.