Seafood Tea Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 20 slices dense bread of your choice
- 2 cups finely chopped crab, shrimp or lobster or a combination of those
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Softened cream cheese
- Parsley or chives, chopped
- Combine the butter, cream cheese and chives and spread the mixture onto
1 side of each slice of bread.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl, then evenly spread
the mixture over 10 of the bread slices.
- Top with the other 10 bread slices,
remove the crusts, and cut in strips and then in half again.
- Turn on side with filling exposed.
- With softened cream cheese pipe a stripe down the center of the sandwich.
- Garnish with parsley or chives.
- Serve immediately or cover with damp towels until serving time.