Smoked Salmon with Avocado and
Wasabi Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches
- 3 tablespoons wasabi paste, or to taste
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 24 party pumpernickel bread slices
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- 16 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- Mix the wasabi with the cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Spread the bread slices with a thin, even layer of the mixture.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and twist the 2 halves apart and remove
- Use a spoon to remove the avocado flesh in 1 piece.
- Slice each avocado half in 1/8-inch slices.
- Place the avocado slices in a bowl and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over
avocado slices and toss gently.
- Cover each bread slice with a single layer of avocado slices.
- Top with a piece of salmon.
- Serve as soon as possible.