Strawberry Tea Sandwiches
Celebrate the fresh flavors of spring with these sweet-shaped, mini sandwiches.
Perfect for brunch, lunch or a garden tea party, these tiny bites are big on flavor.
- 1 (8 ounce) package 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ NESQUIK Strawberry Flavor Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 3- to 4-inch round biscuit cutter or other fun cookie cutters
- 16 thin slices whole-wheat or white bread
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Combine cream cheese and Nesquik in bowl; stir until Nesquik is dissolved.
- Stir in orange peel.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut each piece of bread into circles; discard excess.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over half of the bread circles.
- Place about 4 slices strawberries on top of cream cheese mixture; top with remaining
Variation: Use 1/2 cup peeled, thinly sliced cucumber in place of strawberries.
Fresh mint leaves are also a great addition to both strawberry and cucumber sandwiches.