For any busy Mom, the kitchen can be a place of pure chaos. Meals to be made, lunches to be packed and of course there is the never ending pile of dishes to be washed. Sometimes life in the kitchen is so busy that it can be difficult to feed our families in a healthful and nutritious way.
Thankfully, there are a few handy kitchen appliances that can help us make delicious, preservative-free food for our families without sacrificing our precious time. One such appliance is a bread maker. Here is a list of ten reasons why every busy family should own a bread maker:
1. Families typically consume a lot of bread – from morning toast to school lunches; bread is an essential pantry item. With a bread machine, you will never be without fresh bread.
2. Store bought bread is packed with unwanted preservatives and other ingredients that are out of your control. By making your own bread, you can control what your family is eating.
3. Investing in a bread machine will save you money over time. While the up-front cost of purchasing a bread maker may seem expensive, if you compare it to the amount of money you spend each week on store bought bread, it will be easy to see how the appliance will more then pay for itself over time.
4. Bread makers are great for more than just bread. Another added advantage to owning a bread maker is the ability to use it for other baked goods as well. My favorite is fresh homemade pizza dough!
5. The timer feature allows you bake bread even when you are not home. Think of it like a slow cooker…..simply add the ingredients to the machine in the morning and when you return home from a busy day at the office, your fresh bread will be waiting for you.
6. If you or a family member suffers from allergies or health concerns, a bread maker will give you peace of mind in knowing how and where your bread was prepared.
7. If you have ever tried baking bread from scratch then you know it can be a daunting task – especially for those who are unfamiliar with the process. A bread maker can make anyone look like a pro.
8. These machines are compact and lightweight so they are easy to lift and even easier to store. You don’t need to worry about cluttering up your counter top with another big appliance.
9. You can get the kids involved in the bread making process as well. Let them choose their favorite type of bread and add their own ingredients. A fun, healthy and delicious family activity.
10. The aroma of freshly baked bread wafting throughout your home is almost reason enough to own a bread machine. You won’t believe how amazing your house will smell!
Using a bread machine is a great way to feel confident about the food you are feeding your children without spending countless hours in the kitchen.
Article courtesy of Moms Kitchen Gadgets – a great resource for helpful, honest and in-depth reviews.