For 6 months or older.
- 3 cooking apples
- 1 egg yolk (for babies 6 months to 10 months, omit egg yolk and thicken with infant cereal)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water or apple juice
- Small pinch of ground cinnamon
- Peel, core and dice the apple into small pieces. Add to the lemon juice
and water and cook over medium heat in a small saucepan for 20 minutes or until
- Mash or puree to desired consistency.
- Beat in the egg yolk (or infant cereal) and sugar until smooth. For babies
age 6 months to 10 months, omit egg and add infant cereal by 1 tablespoon, until
you get the desired consistency.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool before serving.