Baby Food Recipes
Baby Cereal Biscuits
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 1/2 cups baby cereal
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and water. Mix until well blended.
- Gradually stir in cereal. Knead until smooth.
- Pat into rectangle. Cut into 12 (1-inch) bars, smoothing edges so they will not be sharp. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until dry.
- Store in uncovered container overnight.