Blueberry Pork Roast
For 12 months and older.
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
pork sirloin roast
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- With sharp knife, slice 2 inch grooves, 2 inches apart, into top of pork.
Make sure you cut along the same direction as the muscle striations.
- Stuff blueberries into grooves and top with applesauce.
- Use toothpicks to close up grooves as best as possible.
- Spread remaining applesauce all over top of pork, then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place pork in shallow casserole dish; stick in meat thermometer.
- Bake until thermometer reads 165 degrees F (about 40-45 minutes per pound).
- Cut into very small pieces for infants (it can be hard to chew without molars).
- Adults may want to add salt.