Buffalo News Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant non-fat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup undiluted, frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Combine flour, milk powder, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
- In another bowl, combine sugar and oil.
- Beat in the egg and orange juice and gradually add flour mixture to make
a stiff dough.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place greased cookie sheet on damp towel to keep from sliding. Place dough
on cookie sheet and flatten, rolling out to within 1 inch of the edge. Cut into
2 x 3/4-inch bars; separating the cookies isn't necessary.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated 375 degree F oven until light brown.
- Remove from oven; re-cut on the same lines. Return to oven. Turn off heat
and let set until oven is cool.
Yield: about 6 dozen cookies that can be frozen and thawed as needed
Source: Buffalo News