Buffalo News Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant non-fat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup undiluted, frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Combine flour, milk powder, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
- In another bowl, combine sugar and oil.
- Beat in the egg and orange juice and gradually add flour mixture to make a stiff dough.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place greased cookie sheet on damp towel to keep from sliding. Place dough on cookie sheet and flatten, rolling out to within 1 inch of the edge. Cut into
2 x 3/4-inch bars; separating the cookies isn't necessary.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated 375 degree F oven until light brown.
- Remove from oven; re-cut on the same lines. Return to oven. Turn off heat and let set until oven is cool.
Yield: about 6 dozen cookies that can be frozen and thawed as needed
Source: Buffalo News
BABY FOOD RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.