For 10 months and older.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 pound ground chicken (may use boneless breast cut into cubes if
it will be pureed)
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow squash or summer squash, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup prepared barley (prepared according to package directions)
- Bring chicken and water to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add prepared barley. Mash or puree, depending on desired consistency.
The stew may be seasoned mildly with herbs or salt.