- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the food processor or in a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal,
salt and sugar.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Blend in enough of the milk to form a dough that will hold together in a
- On a floured surface or pastry cloth, roll into a rectangle about 3/8 inch
thick. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 1 1/2 x 3-inch rectangles.
- Place them on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Prick each cracker 2 or 3 times with the tines of a fork.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the crackers are thoroughly dry.
- Cool on a rack.
Yield: 10 to 15 crackers
These crackers should be hard. If necessary, put them back in the oven for a
few extra minutes.