Tuna on Toast
For 12 months or older.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 cup finely diced onions or chives
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 (170g) can solid white tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup enriched white flour
- 2 cups homogenized milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 5 slices whole wheat or multigrain bread, toasted
- In saucepan, over medium heat, cook onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Whisk flour into cold milk in small bowl then add to saucepan. Reduce heat
to low, stirring occasionally.
- Drain tuna, break up into tiny flakes and add to saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients, while stirring occasionally to avoid lumps.
- Toast bread.
- For adults, layer sauce over toast, and repeat. Salt and pepper may want
to be added.
- For babies, serve like a stew, with toast fingers or cubes.
2 adult servings, 1 infant serving