Veggie Frittata Supreme
For 12 months and older.
Eggs can be a high risk for allergies, check with your pediatrician prior
to introducing eggs.
- 1 cup white mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onions or fresh chives, thinly sliced (kitchen scissors
- 1/4 cup zucchini, finely diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup homogenized milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat toast, cooled
- 1/2 cup grated mild Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small saucepan, over medium heat, cook mushrooms, green onions and zucchini
for 5 minutes (to cook out excess juices that would make frittata soggy).
- Add to peppers, mix well and layer along bottom of low casserole dish.
- In small bowl, combine and whisk eggs, celery salt, pepper, milk and parmesan
cheese. Pour mixture over vegetables in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over casserole dish.
- With hand held blender, break down toast into breadcrumbs. Layer over cheddar
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until egg is fully cooked (is not runny - very
important for babies).
- Cut with spatula and serve.