For 10 months or older.
- 1/2 cup formula or breast milk (whole milk for babies over 12 months)
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground anise (or cinnamon)
- 3 unbeaten eggs
- 3 cups unbleached flour (may use white, but it has less nutrients)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the formula or milk until very hot, but not boiling (scald). Set aside
and let it cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast to the milk. Stir until well blended and let it rest for 6 minutes.
- Add the sugar, butter, anise (or cinnamon) and eggs. Stir until well blended.
- Add enough flour to handle the dough. Knead on floured surface until smooth,
adding flour as needed.
- Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into strips 1 inch wide, then
cut the strips to 3 inches long.
- Place on a buttered cookie sheet, 1 and a half inches apart.
- Let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake biscuits for 20 minutes.
- Set on wire rack to cool.
Yield: about 18 biscuits
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baby Food Recipes