A lucious, creamy, no-cook filling in a crunchy, no-bake crumb crust.
Convenience ingredients cut your time and work. Almost as easy as peeling a
banana! This recipe is from 1974.
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup bottled lemon juice (measure accurately)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium-size ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- Melt butter, sugar and cinnamon in small saucepan. Place over low heat, stir
constantly until bubbles form around edges of pan; remove from heat.
- Add crushed corn flakes; mix well. Press mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie pan to form crust.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/3 cup of the lemon juice and vanilla extract and stir until thickened.
- Slice 3 of the bananas; line crust with slices.
- Turn filling into crust; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Do
- Slice the other 2 bananas and dip into remaining lemon juice.
- Garnish top of pie with banana slices.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Back of the Box Recipes