Back of the Box Recipes
Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- 10 ounces high quality bittersweet chocolate (66%-70% cacao), coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoons Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups Half-and-Half, divided
- Granulated sugar to taste
- Combine the chocolate and Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum in a heatproof bowl.
- Add 1 cup Half-and-Half.
- Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir frequently until chocolate has melted and is smooth. If it begins to curdle, add a little more Half-and-Half and some sugar.
- Remove from heat. Let cool.
- If the sauce isn't sweet enough for you, add in sugar a teaspoon at a time. If the cooled sauce is too thick, stir in more Half-and-Half a tablespoon at a time.
- Serve over ice cream.