Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- 10 ounces high quality bittersweet chocolate (66%-70% cacao), coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoons Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- granulated sugar
- Combine the chocolate and Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum in a heatproof bowl.
- Add 1 cup of half-and-half.
- Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir frequently until chocolate has melted and is smooth. If it begins to curdle, add a little more half-and-half and some sugar.
- Remove from heat. Let cool.
- If the sauce isn't sweet enough for you, add in sugar a teaspoon at a time. If the cooled sauce is too thick, stir in more half-and-half a tablespoon at a time.
- Serve over ice cream.