Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, stirred
- 1 (16 ounce) can Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons Captin Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 cup flour
Chocolate Rum Glaze
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With mixer, cream butter and sugar; blend in eggs. Add syrup, Spiced Rum
and flour. Mix on low speed until butter is well blended. Pour into greased 8-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Check center for firmness. Burn cake onto wire
rack. Ice when cool.
- Chocolate Rum Glaze: In double boiler, heat chocolate, sugar, butter
water and salt. Stir until smooth. Take off heat and blend in Spiced Rum.
- Refrigerate until thickened; about 15 minutes.