Classic Spritz Cookies
Yield: 7 to 8 dozen cookies
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2/ teaspoon no-color almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk and extracts. Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Fill cookie press with dough and with desired disks, press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to cooling grid and cool completely.
The no-color almond extract mentioned in this recipe is clear almond extract. Both vanilla and almond extracts come in the clear form.