Fresh Apple Cake with Butter Pecan Glaze
Another wonderful recipe for Fresh Apple Cake with Butter Pecan Glaze from the back of a White Lily all-purpose flour bag.
Yield: 16 servings
- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups peeled, sliced and coarsely chopped baking apples
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups White Lily Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Butter Pecan Glaze
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Melt butter, sugar and cinnamon in small saucepan. Place over low heat, stir constantly until bubbles form around edges of pan; remove from heat.
- Add crushed corn flakes; mix well. Press mixture evenly into a 9 inch pie pan to form crust.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/3 cup of the lemon juice and vanilla extract and stir until thickened.
- Slice 3 of the bananas; line crust with slices.
- Turn filling into crust; refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Do not freeze.
- Slice the other 2 bananas and dip into remaining lemon juice.
- Garnish top of pie with banana slices.