Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum Mud Cake
- 9 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces high quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup brewed espresso coffee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tespoons baking powder
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the butter, chocolate and coffee in a sauce pan over medium heat and
warm until chocolate melts. Stir occasionally. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate into a bowl and add the next three ingredients. Whisk
well until mixed then sift the flour and baking powder over and continue to whisk until all is evenly combined.
- Pour into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish that has been greased and lined with
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in the middle
pulls out clean.
- Let cool for an hour before removing from the pan.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.