Back of the Box Recipes
Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum Mud Cake
- 9 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces high quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup brewed espresso coffee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tespoons baking powder
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the butter, chocolate and coffee in a sauce pan over medium heat and warm until chocolate melts. Stir occasionally. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate into a bowl and add the next three ingredients. Whisk well until mixed then sift the flour and baking powder over and continue to whisk until all is evenly combined.
- Pour into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish that has been greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in the middle pulls out clean.
- Let cool for an hour before removing from the pan.