Baked Beans Supreme
Simply delicious! This can double as either a side dish or a main dish.
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/2 pound ground beef (I use a little more)
- 1 large can pork and beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup brown sugar, depending on taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Cut bacon slices into 1 1/2-inch pieces, then cook. Drain grease.
- In the same skillet used to cook the bacon, brown ground beef, then drain well.
- Add bacon and ground beef to beans.
- Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour or until brown.
Yield: 6 servings