Baked Lentils with Bacon
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 pound dried lentils
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Partially cook bacon and drain. Put into Dutch oven with lentils, salt and
4 cups water. Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until lentils
are tender but not mushy.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 250 degrees F for 2 hours, or until most of liquid is absorbed.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.