Baked Lentils with Bacon
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 pound dried lentils
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Partially cook bacon and drain. Put into Dutch oven with lentils, salt and
4 cups water. Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until lentils
are tender but not mushy.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 250 degrees F for 2 hours, or until most of liquid is absorbed.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Recipes