This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 recipe Boiled Pinto Beans, well drained
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 2 serrano chiles, stemmed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 cup fresh tomato salsa
- 1 cup crema
- Mash the beans to a textured puree with a food processor or potato masher.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in the onion, chiles, cumin and salt. Using 1/4
cup of the bean mixture, make 3 x 1/2-inch patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy skillet. Put as many patties
in the skillet as will fit in a single uncrowded layer and fry over fairly high
heat until golden and toasted, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a platter.
Fry remaining patties.
- Sprinkle each patty with salsa, then drizzle Crema over.
- Serve immediately.