Black Beans and Corn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic
and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and very soft,
about 10 minutes.
- Drain the black beans, rinse, and drain again. Add the beans, 1/4 cup water,
tomato puree, dried oregano, jalapeno, corn, salt, and pepper. Cover, and cook,
stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with parsley leaves.
- Serve immediately with the spice-rubbed salmon placed on top.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine May 10, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Recipes