Black Beans and Corn
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic
and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and very soft,
about 10 minutes.
- Drain the black beans, rinse, and drain again. Add the beans, 1/4 cup water,
tomato puree, dried oregano, jalapeno, corn, salt, and pepper. Cover, and cook,
stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with parsley leaves.
- Serve immediately with the spice-rubbed salmon placed on top.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine May 10, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Recipes