As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound pinto beans
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ground hot red chile
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted ground cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sort, rinse and soak beans overnight in about 3 quarts of water.
- Drain beans and cover them with about 1 inch of fresh water. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons
of the oil. Cook beans, covered, for 45 minutes to 1 hours, stirring occasionally,
until they are tender.
- Heat remaining oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic, jalapenos
and onion until just tender.
- Add sautéed vegetables to the beans with the ground chile, cumin and salt;
stir well. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings. Garnish with cilantro.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Recipes