Dr Pepper Baked Beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Dr Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain liquid from the pork and beans. Pour beans into a bean pot or a baking
dish. Gently mix in onion, green bell pepper and tomato into the beans.
- Combine sugar, Dr Pepper, and cloves until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly
over the bean mixture.
- Bake, covered, for one hour. Check the beans; they might need a little more
time than that, but don't overcook them.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.