Dried Hay Beans
These beans are still made in many Mennonite families.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups dried green string beans
- 1/4 pound bacon or salt pork
- Dash of pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Water to cover
- Soak dried beans in warm water for 1 hour.
- Cut bacon or salt pork into small cubes and fry in a Dutch oven or heavy
saucepan until lightly browned. Add beans and partially cover with water. Cook
until tender and most of the water is absorbed.
You can also cook fresh green beans this way.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Recipes