Jack in the Beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniel's Old No. 7
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Heat oil in large skillet. Stir in onion and brown sugar. Cook, stirring
frequently, over medium-low heat until onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 231 calories; 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 27 percent calories
from fat); 31 g carbohydrates; 9 mg cholesterol; 521 mg sodium; 5 g protein; 6 g