Jack and Coke Baked Beans
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans or pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Jack Daniels whiskey
- 3 tablespoons Coca-Cola
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (or to taste)
- 5 tablespoons mustard (or to taste)
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the beef and drain.
- In a 2 1/2-quart baking dish, combine the browned beef, canned beans, salsa,
onion, brown sugar, whiskey and Coca-Cola. Add the ketchup, mustard, Tabasco sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours, until the onions are translucent and the sauce
Yield: 10 (1 cup) servings
Source: Atlanta-Journal Constitution
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.