Rum Baked Beans
Casserole featuring thick-sliced bacon, pineapple, strong coffee, and dark rum.
For an unusual variation on the ordinary baked bean dish.
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced bacon
- 4 (1 pound 3 ounce) cans baked beans
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup
firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can sliced
- Cut bacon into 2-inch lengths. In a wide frying pan over medium heat, cook
bacon until crisp; drain and set aside.
- Combine beans, mustard, ginger, coffee, brown sugar, and bacon.
- Turn into a 3-quart casserole or 9 x 13-inch baking dish. (At this point
you may cover and refrigerate until next day.)
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes.
- Stir in rum.
- Cut pineapple slices in half and arrange over top.
- Return to oven, uncovered, for about 25 more minutes or until top is browned.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5/7/02 12:36:30 pm.