Spicy Baked Beans
- Nonstick cooking oil spray (we use olive oil spray)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 2 slices bacon (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 11-inch baking pan with oil spray.
- Combine all ingredients, including liquid from beans, in baking pan. Stir
gently, but thoroughly, until all ingredients are mixed well. If you are using
the bacon, lay the strips across the top of baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly. Serve immediately.
- After the beans have been baked, they can be frozen successfully for up to one
- Reheat in a 350 degree F oven until heated through.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine - April 2001
Source: from one of my favorite hot spots (Coyote Moon) great newsletter. (I
have been known to kick it up a notch or two...)