Sweet and Sour Baked Beans
- 10 slices bacon
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2 (1 pound) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (1 pound) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (1 pound) can butter beans, drained
- 2 (1 pound) cans pork and beans, NOT drained
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Save grease.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cook onions in bacon grease until tender. Add brown sugar, garlic salt, and vinegar.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large casserole dish combine all the beans.
- Pour the sauce over
the beans and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Crumble bacon over top.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Recipes